Standing instructions to all students as of 1st December 2011
Please Note: Repeated violation of instructions may forfeit your chance to train at the Shaolin Temple India
- Make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the training session. Entry will strictly be forbidden for anyone reaching more than 15 minutes late.
- You will have to inform your instructor or STI Manager Operations (Ms. Dipika Sinha) at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the training session if you will be late and at least 12 hours in advance if you will be absent for a training session.
The Wushu Guan is not a place for fashion so
- Always come in uniform. In case you do not have one please wear a decent loose fitting Track suit.
- No wearing chains, bangles or rings while training.
- Never enter the training area or training mats with any footwear worn on the road, all students will have to carry their training shoes separately and will have to change into it once they enter the gate.
- Keep your bags, shoes or water bottles and belongings in the sitting area only.
- Please keep your mobile in silent or better switched off once you enter the Wushu Guan.
- Do not enter/sit or cross in front of the Bodhidharma Altar.
Parents entering the Wushu Guan or observing the training sessions are requested:
- To sit in the sitting area only.
- To keep their Mobile phones on silent or better silent.
- Not to attend any mobile calls inside the Wushu Guan.
- Not to enter in the training area or step on the training mats.
- Not to talk during the training sessions as it can disturb/distract both the instructor and the students.
A Wushu Guan is not a Gym/Club/Place of Interaction/Time pass, so no form of "Gym Culture"/"Casual Behavior" will be tolerated.
Always follow the Formalities & Protocol of the Wushu Guan sincerely as taught to you by your seniors or instructors.
- After you enter the Gate Bow respectfully towards the Wushu Guan
- Pay respect to Founder of Shaolin Kungfu Bodhidharma (Damo).
- Pay respect to Shifu Shi Yan You (Master Kanishka Sharma)
- Pay respect to your Instructor and Seniors
- No talking on the Mobile Phone.
- No casual discussions or socializing inside the Wushu Guan during the training period.
- Do not sit with your legs stretched and pointing towards the Training area.
- Always follow the Formalities & Protocol of the Wushu Guan sincerely as taught to you by your seniors or instructors.
Always remember that the Wushu Guan is a "Place of Enlightenment", and it is the responsibility of each and everyone to maintain the sanctity of the place:
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum in the Wushu Guan.
- No joking, laughing loudly, making fun of or playing pranks on others.
- No using foul language, swearing or cursing in the Wushu Guan.
- Keep the Wushu Guan clean (Do not shy from picking up a broom to clean the Wushu Guan, it will not make you a smaller person).
- Before the morning session join the Mats neatly with the Blue side up.
- After every training session is over make sure that the Mats are wiped with Phenyl or similar disinfectants
- After the evening session separate the mats and stack them neatly in pairs with the blue side facing inwards, with one pair placed over the other.
- If you have a problem, please feel free to share it with your Instructor or STI Manager Operations (Ms. Dipika Sinha), who will gladly help you out.
Shifu Shi Yan You
(Master Kanishka Sharma)